Plain of Jars are megalithic jars located in the Xieng Khouang plateau, Laos. Over a thousand of these Jars are found across the plateau.
by Mr ATM
Here are 7 facts about the Plain of Jars.
1. The Jars range from a height between 1m to 2.5m(3 to 10 feet) and 1m in diameter.
2. The largest Jar is 3m tall.
3. Jars can weigh as much as 3 cars (Weight Averaging 272 lbs).
4. 1500 – 2000 year old.
5. Archeological research has not found any definite evidence on “where or why” they were made. Current claims specify that they may be funeral urns. True origins remain a mystery!
6. A civilize society was responsible as many tools, bronze instruments and ceramics have been found in some of the jars.
7. In the 70s, the Pathet Lao(communist side) set up a command center in a cave nearby where Americans heavily bombed the area damaging some of the Jars.